Apply the POR Method™ for Dealing with Difficult, Underperforming Employees
Giving Constructive Feedback and Effectively Disciplining Employees. Employees make mistakes, and it’s never fun to deliver negative feedback to them. But disciplining team members to eliminate unwanted behaviours is a critical management skill. Ignoring it and hoping it will go away is not a solution. It can hurt the performance of your team, your department, and your organization—and mishandling it can lead to wrongful termination lawsuits. That’s why it’s important to constructively and effectively critique, and when possible, discipline employees—in a way that encourages them to improve or correct their behavior.
Get hands-on guidance on how to deal with difficult and underperforming employees in this webinar by leadership coach, Dr. Miriam Reiss. Dr. Reiss will walk you through established feedback vehicles such as Progressive Discipline, and newer blended coaching techniques and models. She will compare the benefits and challenges of each technique, so that you know which approach might best serve your organization and situation. She will show you how to deal with senior- and junior-level employees, and provide language do’s and don’ts that help elicit positive and productive behavior from everyone in the reporting structure.
You’ll gain concrete tools, language, and phrasing for approaching a range of disciplinary scenarios, as well as specific examples of what works and what doesn’t with difficult personalities. You’ll also learn about the POR Method™ and how to apply it, as well as tips on how to avoid legal action in disciplinary cases.
After attending this instructive webinar ‘Giving Constructive Feedback and Effectively Disciplining Employees’, you will know the range of feedback and disciplinary approaches available to you that will be immediately useful and valuable for the remainder of your professional career. You will know how to protect yourself and your company in difficult disciplinary situations, and how to set clear direction with those who report to you. You will know new ways to provide clear, respectful feedback that elicits higher employee performance. Plus, you will have proactively shifted your paradigm around how you communicate and set expectations with others.
This eye-opening webinar will teach you:
- Different approaches to giving feedback—from classic progressive discipline to newer coaching models
- Benefits and drawbacks of each approach
- The best approach for your organization
- Concrete tools, language, and phrasing to approach different disciplinary scenarios
- Examples of what works and what doesn’t
- What is the POR Method™ and how to apply it
- Tips to avoid legal action in disciplinary cases
- How to protect yourself and your company in difficult disciplinary situations
- How to set clear direction with those who report to you
- How to provide clear, respectful feedback that promotes higher employee performance
Who Should Attend
- C-level leaders
- HR professionals
- Senior executives
- Employee relations professionals
This event brought to you by ProfEdOnDemand.com
(WiseQuestion is learner supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission)