Format : Webinar
Aired Time : All Day
Time : 60 minutes
Level : Basic to Intermediate
Get an understanding of the scope and depth of critical Excel features, formulas and functions
Mastering Excel Formulas and Functions. Working with formulas and functions in Excel is absolutely critical to building powerful financial and analytical worksheets and is probably the most important skill set for many Excel users. Excel has over 450 built-in functions, a potent set of power tools that simplify certain kinds of formulas and give you a huge number of computational possibilities. Many Excel functions provide extended analytical capabilities and open the door to more efficient use of Excel, but with so many functions, it’s no easy task to know which functions are available and which ones you might have overlooked.
In this session expert speaker Dennis Taylor will provide you with a perspective on what functions are available and explain (with extensive examples) how to use many of them, including: the IF function (with AND and OR), the powerful VLOOKUP function, selected Date, Statistical, Financial, and Mathematical functions, and the frequently overlooked Text functions, critical for cleaning up problems with downloaded data. In addition, the powerful COUNTIF/SUMIF family of functions, as well as newer functions – introduced in Excel 2013 and 2010 – are also covered.
This session on ‘Mastering Excel Formulas and Functions’ presents in-depth coverage of specific formulas and functions, as well as provides you with the perspective you need to understand the scope and depth of these critical Excel features. All examples will be presented within the context of Excel worksheets based on real-life examples encountered over the past 20 years of Excel consulting and teaching experience.
Numerous productivity tips, shortcuts, and accelerator tools will be presented throughout the session. The Excel workbook file, containing numerous worksheets that serve as the staging area for the demonstrated formulas and functions, will be made available to all attendees.
- Learn formula-building shortcuts and how to use formula-auditing tools
- Learn how to use the powerful IF function and the related AND and OR functions for programming-like capability.
- Learn how to look up information in tables and reconcile different lists using the VLOOKUP function; for specialized lookup needs, learn to use the MATCH and INDEX functions.
- Learn how to use selected Text functions to extract and manipulate character and numerical data for sorting and analytical purposes.
- Learn how to build 3-D formulas to tabulate data totals from multiple worksheets.
- Learn how to harness the power gained from using multiple functions in a nested fashion
- Learn how and when to use the expanded capabilities of the COUNTIF family of functions and newer functions – AGGREGATE, ARABIC, ISFORMULA, and FORMULATEXT.
Who Should Attend?
- C Level Executives
- Executive Assistants
- Office Managers
- Finance Professionals
- Business Analyst
- HR Professionals
This event brought to you by AudioSolutionz
(WiseQuestion is learner supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission)