What You Need to Know About Locum Tenens: Billing, Regulations, and Time Limits
Locum Tenens: Understanding the Process of Substituting for Your Physician. Maybe your physician is sick, on maternity leave, handling a family situation, or simply on a very, very long vacation. Whatever the situation, you need a replacement. Locum tenens sets the stage for that, but Medicare recently changes locum tenens rules, and some of those changes have been major. You need to understand those as well as the complex billing and documentation requirements for Medicare payments.
Help is on the way! Join coding and billing pro Jill Young in this detail-packed webinar as she outlines locum tenens, what changes to be on the lookout for, and how billing and coding changes when there’s a substitute physician in your office. Young will update you on payer policies regarding locum tenens physicians and detail pesky things like time limitations, documentation rules, and other day-to-day office functions.
After attending this ‘Locum Tenens: Understanding the Process of Substituting for Your Physician’ event, you will know about Medicare policy change for locum tenens, Medicare restrictions for substitute physicians, and what policies you should anticipate from other payers. Specific in-depth information with references on where the details can be found are a trademark of Jill Young’s presentations—if you have any questions at all about locum tenens, this event is for you.
- Understand the specifics on Medicare’s policy changes for locum tenens physicians for billing and credentialing
- Understand Medicare’s restrictions on a locum tenens physician for the length of time they can provide services, documentation, and other day-to-day functions
- Gain insight into other payers’ policies regarding locum tenens physicians
- How to make sure you understand billing ramifications once a substitute physician begins work at your practice
- How documentation of services provided under locum tenens is an important step in the compliance process
- How to identify any other restrictions placed on your substitute physician by insurance carriers so your work or payment is not jeopardized and there is a smooth transition into and out of their time with your practice
Who Should Attend
- Office managers
- Office administrators
This event brought to you by ProfEd | OnDemand
Order Directly on ProfEdOnDemand.com
(WiseQuestion is learner supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission)