Use the Right Revision Codes When It Comes to Staging Total Joint Revisions
Coding Changes for Total Hips and Total Knees. The CPT manual for 2020 is out, but as coders and billers are discovering, some of the primary codes for the new add-on codes 20700-20705 are not in it. That’s a potential headache for those seeking to document total knee and total hip replacement operations.
Don’t stress—expert coder Margie Scalley Vaught has your back. Join Vaught in this webinar to learn how to use the new 20700-20705 codes and how to code for revision of total joints when they are staging the repairs. Vaught will also give you the intel you need to help your surgeons place the correct documentation and provide insight on the differences between the new codes.
After attending this ‘Coding Changes for Total Hips and Total Knees’ event, you will know what to do about articulating and non-articulating spacers and how to get answers from your private contracted payers on how they are dealing with the new changes. Plus, Vaught will provide reference material from AAOS, the AMA 2020 CPT Symposium, and CPT Assistants. Don’t stress—here’s the help you need to code with confidence.
- What primary codes for the new add-on codes 20700-20705 are not in the CPT 202 manual
- How to seek out answers from private contracted payers on how they are handling the new changes
- Where to turn to for correct coding information
- Help your surgeons place the correct documentation regarding articulating and non-articulating spacers
- Understand the differences between the new codes
- Use the right revision codes when it comes to stating total joint revisions.
Who Should Attend
- Office managers
- Practice managers
- Hospital outpatient coders
This event brought to you by ProfEdOnDemand.com
(WiseQuestion is learner supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission)
Conference Record Date : Tue, May 26, 2020