Report Time Correctly and Get Your Modifiers Right
PT/OT Coding and the Adding of PTA/OTA Billing Issues. Physical therapy billing caught the eye of the OIG and other payers due to increases in billing dollars, and that means you should expect increased scrutiny during audits. Auditors will be looking at PTA/OTA and what gets billed when new modifiers take effect. On top of that, expect new standards for documentation and renewed scrutiny over who is documenting and performing physical therapy/occupational therapy for Medicare patients.
Stop stressing! Coding pro Margie Scalley Vaught is here to set you straight and prepare your office for that audit! Vaught has more than 30 years of experience in healthcare, and has been a CPC since 1995. No one is better prepared than Vaught to lead you through these new standards.
Join Vaught in this fast-paced webinar as she lays out documentation according to official sources like CPT, CMS, and CCL. CMS announced considerable changes for 2020-2022 and updated reporting requirements—Vaught will make sure you are up to date on these.
After attending this ‘PT/OT Coding and the Adding of PTA/OTA Billing Issues’ training, you will know if the documentation you have will support the services being provided and that your PTA/OTA can do. You will know what you can bill for when the new modifiers take place and how time should be reported. Best of all, your office will be able to code and bill with confidence.
- Understand new CMS changes for 2020-2022 and reporting requirements
- Understand CMS’ definition of “in whole or part”
- Prepare your office for new auditing standards
- Learn who can document and perform physical therapy/occupational therapy to Medicare patients
- What your documentation should look like
- What PTA/OTAs can bill for
- Who PTA/OTAs can work “incident to” under
- Supplied reference materials including CMS Medicare Physician Final Fee Schedule for 2020 and Medicare Benefits Manual 100-02 Chapter 15 Sections 220 and 230
Who Should Attend
- Office managers
- Practice managers
- Hospital outpatient coders
This event brought to you by ProfEd | OnDemand
(WiseQuestion is learner supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission)