Influence of Social Determinants of Health on Patient Management
Social Determinants of Health. High deductible health plans, increased patient financial responsibility, and other current and future healthcare trends have forced providers to examine external forces and causes of disparity and why it is important to capture that data.
As healthcare providers interact with and manage their patients, social and economic circumstances frequently surface that will have significant influence on available management options.
This presentation will review common circumstances and how they may affect management results.
In this program, you will learn:
- How do social determinants of health influence patient management and outcomes?
- Adverse effects of lack of money and resources
- How common circumstances may affect patient management results?
- How to document and code common social and economic circumstances?
- Why it is important to capture the data?
Who Should Attend
- Mid-level providers
- Social workers
- Behavioral health providers
- Clinical documentation specialists
- Coders and billers
- Revenue cycle staff
- Case management
- Discharge planning staff
This event brought to you by ProfEd | OnDemand
Order Directly on ProfEdOnDemand.com
(WiseQuestion is learner supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission)